Skip to main content

Students who are New York State residents and live in counties other than Suffolk are eligible to pay resident tuition if they obtain and submit a Certificate of Residence from the office of their home county chief financial officer. (Links to forms for various New York counties can be found below.) Students are urged to take this action to avoid being charged the non-resident tuition rate, which is double the resident rate.

Students Must:

  • contact the office of their home county chief financial officer;
  • get a copy of the Certificate of Residence (COR) from that office; and
  • return the completed COR to the college at one of the locations listed below

Students are strongly advised to keep a copy of their COR.

The Certificate of Residence must be filed no more than two months before the start of the semester. It is valid for only one year, and must be renewed every year, as needed.

The COR must be returned to the College in person or by mail to any campus business/cashiers office, or to the College Office of Business and Financial Services (Room 232, NFL Building, Ammerman Campus, 533 College Road, Selden, NY 11784-2899).

Certificate of Residence Application

  1. Nassau County
  2. New York City (Bronx, Kings, Manhattan, Queens, Richmond)
  3. Cayuga County
  4. Delaware County
  5. Onondaga County
  6. Ulster County
  7. Westchester County
  8. Other New York Counties (Generic)