Campus bookstores are operated by Follett Higher Education Group, which rents and sells both new and used books and buys back used books at the end of each semester. It sells College clothing, school supplies, backpacks, gift items and graduation attire. The bookstore accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, validated personal checks, cash, and financial aid at the start of each semester as forms of payment. Books can be ordered and shipped through the websites provided below.
Courses are campus specific - refer to your section number and location code from the class schedule to obtain the required textbooks.
Students are responsible for the purchase of their own textbooks and ordinary stationery supplies. While textbook costs vary, the average cost ranges between $60 and $100 per course.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, your campus bookstore is temporarily closed. Bookstore websites remain available and online access allows you to order course materials for upcoming semesters, as well as apparel, gifts, technology, and more.
Please note some orders may take longer to process and ship. Bookstore orders will be filled a minimum of twice a week.
Bookstore Rental Return Information
The rental return due date is Wednesday, May 20th, 2020. Please note, the last official date of classes is May 19th, however May 20th-22nd are “make up” days. The Bookstore understands that some professors may need to utilize those dates. Our expectation is that you return your book back to us once you have taken your final and/or your class is officially over.
There is a possibility that you may not be able to return your outstanding rental titles in-person, at the end of the spring 2020 semester. However, we have you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
- If your campus bookstore has been re-opened to the public, you can return your rentals in-person, in the store. Check your bookstore’s website for re-opening updates and hours of operation. Also keep checking Suffolk’s site for updates on campus re-openings.
- If your campus bookstore remains closed to the public, you can ship your rentals by
mail using our free shipping label.
- The free label is included in every rental reminder email – watch out for the first email reminder two weeks before your rental due date.
- You will need a box for your books and a printer to generate the label.
- After printing the label, bring the shipment to your nearest FedEx store. To be safe, please print your label by May 20th and give your books to FedEx no later than May 27th.
Finally, to allow you more time to return your rentals at the end of Spring classes, your campus bookstore has extended the non-return charge window by 15 days. There will be no charges to your collateral credit card for non-return or late returns until 15 days after the due date above.
Location: Babylon Student Center
Phone: (631) 451-4379
Location: Peconic Building
Phone: (631) 548-2554