Part-time ESL and the non-credit 6-hour a week program
*Classes begin Thursday, February 1, 2018*
The part-time program is academically oriented, but also focuses on helping students master English for the workplace and for social situations. Part-time English instruction emphasizes listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar. Classes are held in the daytime, evenings, and weekends to accommodate students' work and family needs. All three campuses are currently making appointments for free placement testing for students that are interested in the program.
Part-time classes for modules 1.0-1.1 are now being offered at East Hampton High School. Students must attend orientation at Suffolk's Riverhead Campus to apply.
- Orientation: Required for students in modules 1.0 and 1.1. No placement test required for first modules of instruction
- 6 modules
- Class time: 6 hours per week
- Placement test: Required for advanced modules
- Language Lab: 1 hour per week required for modules 1.0-1.2
- Online work: Required for advanced levels
- Students must pass each level completely to go to the next module.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Cost: $360.00 + $9.00 for a total of $369.00 for part-time classes
- Pronunciation workshops available each semester for $155.00 plus $9.00 insurance fee
- TOEFL classes available for $210.00 plus $9.00 insurance fee which is $219.00
- Classes begin in January, May and September